Music, politics, vision, hope, solutions, action!
Saturday 20th August, 1pm – 2pm, WEA, 59 Gloucester Street
We are standing a candidate because we want to stop the council selling our city assets.
As well as stopping asset sales we have developed a series of bold policies to address the big problems faced by city residents. These policies include:
- Free and frequent public transport (out to Rangiora, Darfield and Rolleston)
- Building a minimum 1,000 extra council houses in the next three years.
- The living wage as the minimum pay rate for all council work – to be paid from reductions in senior management salaries.
- Ending the corporate stranglehold on the rebuild with steep rate increases on undeveloped land in the CBD.
- All Canterbury rivers to be swimmable (rather than “wadeable”)
We are not standing a candidate to “wave the flag” on asset sales. We are standing to win the mayoralty.
The success of this campaign will depend on how many activists and supporters are able to give time and energy to support this campaign leading up the election on 8 October.
Please spread the word to family and friends and do you best to get to the launch!
For a people’s city rather than a corporate city – decisions by us, for us made here!